_http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/ctf/bib.html_
(http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/ctf/bib.html)

Facts:
Jesse  Friedman pled guilty and confessed on TV (Geraldo).

The movie "Capturing  the Friedmans" left out the fact that there was a
third defendant.

Ross  Goldstein, the third defendant, confessed and agreed to testify
against both
Friedmans.

The victims as adults have gone public with their being  abused.

describes crimes of abuse

Capturing the  Friedmans: Annotated Bibliography
_http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/ctf/bib.html_
(http://web.archive.org/web/20070928035404/http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/ctf/bib.html)

Many  viewers leave the theater believing that they have seen an objective
documentary  presented by a director who entrusted audiences to draw their
own conclusions on  Arnold Friedman's and Jesse Friedman's guilt. A careful
review of the original  evidence, however, shows that the case against the
Friedmans was much stronger  than the film revealed.

Geraldo Rivera's interview with Jesse Friedman  "Busting the Kiddie Porn
Underground"  February 23, 1989 -- Geraldo!
Jesse's attorney, Peter Panera, is interviewed. He tells how he and Jesse
made a special trip to Wisconsin to visit Arnold Friedman in prison to
convince  him to reveal where he had hidden the photos and videos of the
children. Arnold  refused to reveal what he had done with them, despite the
fact
that it would  have helped gain lenacy for his son....Frances Galasso, the
detective-sergeant  who was in charge of the Friedman case, describes Jesse's
lack of remorse for  his victims and describes how he and his brother harassed
some of the victims'  parents at court proceedings. She says that Jesse
told the grandfather of one  victim: "Well maybe we are suffering now, but with
what we've done to your  children, they'll suffer for the rest of their
lives." _http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/ctf/geraldo.html_
(http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/ctf/geraldo.html)
Excerpts  from interview - based on videotape recording of the show,
recorded on February  23, 1989.
Geraldo: "How many kids, Jesse, did you and your father actually
physically abuse in your home?"
Jesse:   (long sigh, appears to be  mentally counting) "I guess 17." ....

Geraldo: "What did you do to the  children?"
Jesse:  "What did I do to the children? I fondled them. I  was forced to
pose in 100's of photos for my father in all sorts of sexual  positions with
the kids and the kids likewise with myself....

The  Secret Life of Arnold Friedman     By Alvin E. Bessent -  Newsday  --
LI., NY
May 28, 1989
_http://web.archive.org/web/20060901203550/www.newsday.com/mynews/ny-friedma
n052889,0,1599081.story_
(http://web.archive.org/web/20060901203550/www.newsday.com/mynews/ny-friedman052889,0,1599081.story)

Bessent also reports on the victims' fear of the Friedmans:

"As the abuse escalated so did  the threats. Police said the children were
extensively videotaped and  photographed. No pictures of the children have
been recovered. But police said  Arnold Friedman told the children he would
send pornographic pictures of them  to magazines and tell the publishers to
print their names if they told what  was going on. He threatened to burn
their houses down. He reportedly said he  would kill their parents. . . . Some
of the children who testified before the  grand juries received threatening
telephone calls warning them not to  cooperate with police."
"Some of them still  wet their beds, take baseball bats to bed with them or
are unable to  sleep."

State of New York v.  Arnold Friedman.
Motion for order requiring return of  property seized from 17 Picadilly
Road, Great Neck, Nassau County, New York,  seized pursuant to search warrant
of November 25, 1987.  Motion #C-427,  Indictment #67104 & 67430.
September 14, 1990.

(http://web.archive.org/web/20070928035404/http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/arnoldandjessefriedman.html#United)
 Judge Abbey L. Boklan approved Arnold
Friedmans' request for the return of all  property seized at the Friedman
home with the exception of pornographic  materials listed in this document.
Materials include such items as:   5 pornographic movies, assorted order
forms for pornography, assorted  pornographic magazine cutouts, 2 partially
nude photos of children, 3 sheets  advertising homosexuality with boys, 6
photos of naked people, 3 battery  operated sex aids, 1 hypodermic needle, 9
pornographic computer games (with  descriptions), list of names and phone
numbers of 9 victims, 2 registration  sheets with names of victims

The People of the State of New York ,  Respondent, v. Ross G., Appellant
163 A.D.2d 529; 558  N.Y.S.2d 603; 1990 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 8786
June 28, 1990
(http://web.archive.org/web/20070928035404/http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/rossgoldsstein)
 The Supreme Court of New York responds
affirmatively to  an appeal by Ross Goldstein who asks the state to reduce his
sentence to the  terms recommended and agreed to by the prosecution.
Although he was not  mentioned in the film, Mr. Goldstein was a third defendant
who
was arrested  along with Arnold and Jesse Friedman. According to this
document, Goldstein, a  former friend of Jesse's who was between 15 and 16
years
old when he committed  the crimes. He later became repulsed by the abuse,
and six months before the  Friedmans were arrested, Goldstein disassociated
himself from Jesse Friedman and  his activities. Goldstein, now age 19,
confessed to the crimes and agreed to  testify against both Arnold and Jesse
Friedman in exchange for leniency.

Victims break their silence  Victor Manuel Ramos --  Newsday  -- LI., NY
 February 29, 2004
(http://web.archive.org/web/20070928035404/http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-friedman0229,0,2239959.story?coll=ny-line
ws-headlines)     Newsday  staff reporter Victor Manuel Ramos  interviews
several of the victims who Arnold and Jesse Friedman plead guilty to
abusing.

"For Gregory, the hullabaloo over  Jarecki's film -- and whether the
director will pick up an Oscar tonight -- is  a sideshow to the legacy of the
abuse. Even now, Gregory said he sometimes  wakes up at night shaking,
especially after hearing of other child abuse cases  on the news or elsewhere.
What
would be passing news to others, hits home for  him.
Diagnosed in his preteen years,  Gregory said he has persistent rectal
bleeding from the abuse. Memories aside,  the physical scar will never let him
forget. `This is the constant reminder I  live with every day,' Gregory said,
`that I was abused.'"

Case of Arnold Friedman and Jessie  Friedman "Capturing The Friedmans"

_http://web.archive.org/web/20070918045108/www.theawarenesscenter.org/arnold
andjessefriedman.html_
(http://web.archive.org/web/20070918045108/www.theawarenesscenter.org/arnoldandjessefriedman.html)

_http://capturingthefriedmans.wordpress.com/_
(http://capturingthefriedmans.wordpress.com/)
Our research into the case shows that the  director of the film sacrificed
truth in favor of creating artistic ambiguity.  Clear evidence is omitted
and facts are distorted. In addition, the film relies  on popular but
erroneous myths about child sexual abuse. As a result,  uncertainty is created
about
the guilt of two confessed pedophiles — who are  recast as victims — while
the real victims — the boys and their families — are  portrayed as
untrustworthy.

CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS”   Documentary or Whitewash?
_http://capturingthefriedmans.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/capturing-the-friedma
ns-documentary-or-whitewash/_
(http://capturingthefriedmans.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/capturing-the-friedmans-documentary-or-whitewash/)