On Tue, 19 Nov 2013, Jay Hennigan wrote:

Does anyone have a current URL for the Cisco bug toolkit that works the
right way around?

The link on their website now only allows you to enter a bug ID.  I am
looking for the original bug tool that is actually useful, where you
specify the IOS version, platform, and nature of the bug, and it then
gives you the bug ID.

This one is kind of useless.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch

Cisco has over the past years made their public bug information more and more useless, mostly by not documenting their bugs publically in a useful manner. That they would then cripple the search function would be no surprise to me.

I have numerous times had to ask people within Cisco who have access to their internal tools for clarification on bugs in order to actually gain useful knowledge about what the bug actually is. I also had to numerous times ask cisco to actually publish the bug at all, just to be able to evaluate if a SMU should be applied or not. Yes, they released SMUs without the bug ID the SMU fixed being publically available. This has happened several times.

So complain to your account team and give feedback on their website. Only by customers complaining will we see improvement.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se