On Wed, 1 May 2024 22:44:41 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Do we really need an additional click on the title in this case?
>> Just `toFront` should be enough on all platforms.
>
> `toFront()`  is known to be broken on some versions of metacity/gnome, not
> sure it was fixed or not, that was a reason why the "click" workaround was
> introduced. If it works fine on Wayland we can just use it and leave the old
> x11 workaround as is.

Update to `"toFront + click on title" on X11 and just "toFront" on Wayland`

> not sure it was fixed or not

Looks like so, I also tested just `toFront()` without the `clickonTitle()`, it
passes on all platforms(mac, win, X11, XWayland). But I kept the `clickOnTitle`
just in case.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18995#discussion_r1587594046