On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 11:59 AM Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi,
> Will the old URL-s continue to work.. I have a considerable amount of text
> linking to allsorts.

Yes, at least at the URL handling level, the legacy URLs will continue
to work. This was mentioned in the original announcement:

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 5:25 AM Arturo Borrero Gonzalez
<aborr...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> We aim to introduce permanent redirects for the legacy URLs on 2020-06-15. We
> expect to keep serving legacy URLs forever, by means of redirections to the
> new
> URLs. More information on the redirections can also be found in the wikitech
> page.

Once the 'final' switch to the new URL scheme is complete we will
introduce a static webservice somewhere in Cloud VPS that will issue
"308 moved permanently" redirects for all of the
tools.wmflabs.org/$TOOL root URLs that existed at that point in time.
This will be similar in spirit if not implementation to the service we
run which redirects toolserver.org/$WHATEVER URLs to tools.wmflabs.org
URLs today.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Technical Engagement      Wikimedia Foundation
Principal Software Engineer                               Boise, ID USA