On 01/03/2013 4:44 AM, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
Am 2013-03-01 02:32, schrieb Nicholas Kinar:
Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to have Cmake use Intel compilers on
Windows when generating a Visual Studio project file.  Searching
around the Internet, I found that the following might be used to do
this within the CMakeLists.txt file:

set_target_properties(inv_spline_interp PROPERTIES PLATFORM_TOOLSET
"Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1")

Is this the case for the current version of Cmake, or is a patch
required?  How do I select the string "Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1" for
the most recent version of the Intel compilers?

That'd be a hack, though.
Just to use a different compiler, there should be _no_ need to change CMakeLists.txt files.

Setting the environment before running cmake should be sufficient.

HS
Thank you; this makes a lot of sense. I'll simply do this using the environment and not within the script.

Nicholas