I installed something similar to that on my 34.  I ended up with the Buck
Algonquin one instead cause that is what the shop had in stock, something like
https://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/split-marine-transmission-coupling-50401s1250?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhuvlBRCeARIsAM720Hq3qLvxJHYSic4AWJVJlO-IPKKMgdGfJr5HjDWzpnIgkkCipTVrGUgaAoyfEALw_wcB
 Since it isn’t split all the way it still has to be fit and faced and I still
had to tap it onto the end of the shaft during instal which wasn’t easy.
Probably was easier than without and I like that the bolt heads are less likely
to strip compared to the square things in the old coupler. Hoping you are right
that it will come
off easier when the time comes (had to cut the old one off the shaft).   Sub
ideal solution if you ask me that it isn’t fully split into two parts but I
guess it is too hard to ensure it is centered to prevent vibration of they do
that.  Also not clear to me why they don’t make these out of stainless -
obviously cost but still. I probably should have painted the outside before
installing it but I was under too much pressure to get the boat out of the yard
it was in at the time so I just threw it in and we went.

- -
Nathan Post
S/V Wisper
C&C 34