For one thing the offset shaft makes  it so that you can get the shaft out
without pulling the rudder. This is a very nice feature I took advantage of
when installing a shaft seal last year.  On the other hand my 34 definitely
does pull a bit when motoring.  I try to motor as little as possible so it
isn’t that big a deal.

Nathan Post
S/V Wisper
1981 C&C 34