Joe,

The cable tie method was my original plan - then started reading about it
and it seemed that conduit might be a superior long term solution - hence
starting this thread.  The cable ties will definitely be easier, faster,
and less expensive.  Biggest drawbacks are that I would have to prepare and
feed the whole bundle in from the bottom (preventing me from leaving a
large connector which came pre-installed on the top end of the cable since
I couldn't get it out of the mast) and that it is much harder to add
something else at a later time.  With .  I am still unsure what the
relative tangling/chafing hazards are with the internal halyards with each
approach.  In particular with conduit it isn't clear in my mind how to end
it in a "safe" way near the top of the mast (without taking the mast head
off which I am not keen on doing).

Thoughts?  Have you implemented the cable tie approach yourself?  Did it
work well for you over the long run?

Nathan

~~~
Nathan Post