At 38 I am a year younger than Wisper so I help the other 30 somethings pull
the mean down a bit :). Actually, Wisper is the second boat I have owned that
is older than me - in grad school in VA I had an Annapolis 18 that was built in
1950.  One of the early fiberglass boats - similar to a Day Sailor or a Rodes
but with a weighted CB and no keel. I put lots of TLC into that boat too.
Unfortunately she was totaled by a lightening bolt while tied up in a marina on
Lake Erie the year after I passed her along to a friend who lives in Buffalo.
The lightening turned the hull into a colander (mast was not grounded and there
wasn’t really anything to ground it too).  The crazy thing is a few years
earlier I was caught out in a thunderstorm on Claytor lake in VA - glad the
boat wasn’t hit then!

I stated sailing when I was 10 and my Dad and I built a 12 foot sloop from
plywood using plans we found in a library book.  Got into racing smallish boats
in grad school on Claytor lake in Western VA. Now looking to do mostly coastal
cruising in New England.

Nathan Post
S/V Wisper
1981 C&C 34 CB