In benign conditions, I would forgetaboutit! My 36XL had a baby stay which
besides being a PITA for tacking was mostly unnecessary for my rig, whose 3
spreaders are not swept aft. For my masthead rig, it’s primary purpose was to
reduce/eliminate mast pumping in a seaway since my mast is not a ‘tree-trunk’.
I removed it (and the baby stay track) and for my NC Sound and river racing
never looked back.
Charlie Nelson1995 C&C 36 XL/kcbWater Phantom
PS: The interior rod is still attached to my CB trunk/Keel but I can’t
determine how without removing my new cabin sole—hopefully another lister knows
how it is attached. up my new sole. .

Sent from the all new Aol app for iOS

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 2:34 PM, Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List