Who knows—they were different boats although the cb design was pretty similar!
Further there are competing influences in play—dropping board adds to wetted
surface, mast height, etc. plus if the cb trunk and board were mostly copied
and added to a smaller, lighter, shorter water line boat like mine it may have
a more noticeable effect.
All that being said, at any wind speed my 36 XL/kcb goes to weather noticeably
higher with the board down.So much so, I still marvel at the difference at the
helm when the board is lowered and look forward to driving her higher to
weather.
Charlie

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Thursday, July 15, 2021, 9:20 AM, Edd Schillay via CnC-List