I added a pair of in-line filter/pumps (in parallel and electrically
switchable).
After multiple engine stalls over many months and the subsequent searches for
vacuum leaks/fuel starvation/etc. ad nauseam my mechanic suggested I bypass the
Beta-28 fuel pump. He thought that it was likely working OK but its lift was
barely enough to reliably deliver fuel under all conditions.
However, between the Racor, fuel pick-up tube, new fuel tank, all new fuel
hoses, filters, etc. including distorting the Racor top by over tightening and
then replacing it, the exact cause of the problem may never be known!
Bottom line is that this fuel PITA has not reoccurred since I added the
electric pumps. Perhaps not totally understood, but the problem is now gone.
FWIW and YMMV
Charlie NelsonWater Phantom1995 C&C 36XL/kcb

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:40 AM, Dave S via CnC-List