Had a similar problem to yours several years ago. After doing most of what you
have done, my diesel mechanic suggested just replacing the Racor MA 500(?) top
plate since even a little over tightening can push the middle down enough that
the O-ring on the circumference will leak enough that after running for a while
the air inside it gets into the fuel lines.
This was a cheap enough thing to do that I did it—along with a few other
‘fixes’ and the problem went away.
Since it was not the only change I made, I can’t be certain that the new top
plate solved the problem or if it was something else.
Note I am pretty sure that the instructions for the Racor say to only hand
tighten this plate or something similar—I now know why!
Given how little extra tightening it would take at the Center to deflect the
circumference/O-ring joint enough to suck air in, (probably a few microns could
break the vacuum seal) and over time you have air bubbles that get to the
engine or at least prevent fuel from getting to the engine.
FWIW,
Charlie Nelson

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Thursday, September 23, 2021, 12:36 PM, David Knecht via CnC-List