I took the old one apart and have no idea how it works.  Certainly had no
impeller so I am presuming diaphragm.  I have installed a newer model of the
same Jabsco pump.  In their infinite wisdom, they changed the mounting bracket
size slightly so only two of 4 holes lined up.  That is almost as annoying as
Standard Horizon, who sets the standard for this by using a different and
incompatible charging base with each model of VHF handheld radio.  Had to drill
the other two which was remarkably awkward in the tight space.  Fortunately I
have a very small portable drill which made it possible. When assembled, it
definitely generated vacuum on the inlet unlike the other pump.  It seems to be
generating water pressure now, but is not switching off when reaching cut off
pressure.  I am guessing that there is an air leak in the inlet side as there
is no water leaking anywhere I could find.  I did not have time to clean all
the threaded PEX? fittings which were wrapped with teflon tape and looked
pretty nasty.  I will take those apart and rewrap them and assemble and see if
that fixes the problem when I get back to the job.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT