Interesting indeed - especially the part about freeze/thaw  keel casting
failures.    he attributes these to bolt deterioration, but I expect that
leaking bedding, imperfect casting, or lose bolts may also contribute.

Here’s what casting failure looks like:

https://cncwindstar.blogspot.com/2016/09/mid-1980s-c-keel-issues.html?m=1

Dave Syer 33-2

Sent from my iPhone