Good day all.
I must be looking for things to do because I'm pondering how I might improve
the companionway hatch.  The acrylic is crazed and requires replacement, and
I've also noticed some of the turtle (fiberglass cover/housing) screws had
loosened.
I've disassembled it, and documented it on the blog, follow the link below.
There's a bit of dirt under there but everything appears to be in good shape.
I've detected no issues however I do wonder if it ought to have drainage holes
other than into the cockpit.
It appears to have had some sealant (butyl?) installed between the turtle and
coachroof, however it was certainly not sealed.  Perhaps it should not be
sealed to the cabin top at all?
Though there is no indication of water ingress, I will drill out, epoxy-fill,
and redrill the mounting holes.
The teak rails and stop block appear to be in excellent shape.
The exposed teak is in good shape however it is subject to weathering and is
not easy to remove for maintenance.

Has anyone else gone down this rabbit hole, and if so what improvements are
worth making?

Thanks, Dave
33-2 Windstar
http://cncwindstar.blogspot.com/2022/10/companionway-hatch.html