More diagnosis- I found that when I checked the voltage at the engine panel
ammeter (where power comes to the panel), it was 12V.  When I checked at the
input side of the key switch it was 12 V.  When I turned the key switch on, I
got 10V on the other pole of the key switch and everywhere downstream. I am
presuming it should be 12V on both sides. I do not understand what that means
and hoping someone else does.  The other weird thing is that as I have worked
on this, there are times when the battery meter in the cabin bounces all over
the place from 9V to 12V and back and then finally settles at 12.9V.  At the
same time, the batteries are measuring 12.5V.  Something very strange is
happening.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT