I’m not sure I’d encapsulate the keel….  A lot of work and  In the event of a
grounding the glasswork could be damaged and would admit water and this would
eventually create a mess.  I view the metal bolt-on keel as an advantage in
this regard.
My first boat was a steel-plate swing keeled trailerable I bought (trashed)
from a bankruptcy auction.  it’s glassed-over 700lb steel plate keel had lived
hard and been badly repaired more than once.   I removed and repaired,
re-skinned and faired it, whacked it once myself, repaired it in-situ again and
it was fine for the duration.  Later versions of this boat had a shaped
cast-iron swing keel which was a much better idea.
On windstar (the 33-2 has a deep high aspect fin) I very carefully rebedded and
torqued the keel then skimmed the joint with a grinder and applied a 6“ wide
band of thin glass cloth/epoxy and faired that.  The keel and bilge stub look
like a single unit.  To my surprise it has lasted for 6 years or so without any
sign of trouble.
Ymmv

Dave

Sent from my iPhone