You're only going to get one shot if you tape it.  If the tape comes loose,
you're cooked.

Get a barb coupling to attach old and new.  Here's one for $4.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Apollo-1-1-2-in-Dia-Coupling-Plastic-Coil-Fitting/50139874?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-plb-_-ggl-_-LIA_PLB_142_Pipe-Fittings-_-50139874-_-local-_-0-_-0&gclid=CjwKCAjws7WkBhBFEiwAIi1680hoQW5cUM-vsn1Qkn8Mh-5UhPWCTc9U6OJVbIBSCpY5ARYoquIxVxoCf18QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Here's one for $1

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Apollo-ABTC112/5012921827?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-plb-_-ggl-_-LIA_PLB_142_Pipe-Fittings-_-5012921827-_-local-_-0-_-0&gclid=CjwKCAjws7WkBhBFEiwAIi16800FEoXFeltqhJ37vlca3Tdpk9gCAWklW6mYWJsrMFeEuRip7Fqg_BoCEFsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 6:55 AM nausetbeach--- via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I need to replace the diesel fill hose which is routed behind cabinetry
> and wanted to ask the list for some suggestions for pulling the new hose.
> [I found diesel in the bilge and believe the 36+ yo fill hose is the
> culprit – if should be replaced anyway.]  From the tank, the hose passes
> through a ¾” (?) plywood with glass tabbing bulkhead next to the hull into
> a space which is inaccessible behind the ice box, makes a 90* turn up
> through a 1” plywood and Formica surface surrounding the icebox against the
> hull, then through another shelf to the fill fitting screwed into the deck.
>

> The 1 ½” diameter wire reinforced fuel rated hose is very stiff, and the
> holes through which it must pass are quite tight.  Am guessing that holds
> the hose in place and minimizes chafe from vibrations.  There are no wire
> ties or similar securing the hose that I can see – cannot see behind the
> icebox with the old hose in place.
>

> Any thoughts on how best to pull it through the bulkhead and bending it to
> go up through the shelving?  I have a heat gun and will soften the hose to
> hopefully make it somewhat more pliable, but guiding it through the
> inaccessible space to and through the first shelving is the big challenge.
>

> Ideas so far:  taping the end of the new hose to the old and pulling it
> [am not confident that would be strong enough] or use 3 or 4 strings
> through small holes punched in the old hose as messengers [taped as well]
> to pull new hose.  Would cut off a bit of hose where the holes would be
> punched in the new hose to have good material all around.
>

> Any suggestions are appreciated.  Cannot use the boat as it is….
>

> TIA
>
> Brian
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu

Thanks for your help.