I am in the process of figuring out adding solar to my two bank setup
(start battery + house batteries) and have  been looking at this one:
https://www.renogy.com/dcc50s-12v-50a-dc-dc-on-board-battery-charger-with-mppt/
as a possibility. However, it is relatively expensive and doesn't include
monitoring or bluetooth connectivity without additional devices. I think I
might go to go with a Victron controller instead and just charge the house
batteries with solar but haven't decided for sure. Would be interested if
anyone has experience with the renology dc-dc mppt charge controller.  One
nice thing about it is that it will not load down the alternator so much
the way the bluesea relay suddenly connects the house and starter batteries
shortly after the engine starts.  Second advantage is supporting a mixed
bank if I upgrade the house batteries to lithium at some point.

Nathan

~~~
Nathan Post
S/V Wisper C&C 34CB
Portland ME

On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 1:57 PM David Knecht via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I put in a Morningstar Sunsaver Duo (
> https://www.morningstarcorp.com/products/sunsaver-duo/) paired with a 50W
> panel many years ago and it has worked perfectly ever since.  Keeps my 2
> batteries topped up while the boat is at the mooring.  I got the one with
> the separate output meter, which has proved useful in debugging charging
> issues.  Dave
>
> S/V Aries
> 1990 C&C 34+
> New London, CT
>

> On Jun 17, 2023, at 1:08 PM, Peter W. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> I am looking for feedback on dual output controllers.
>
> I want to add a battery bank to my existing setup, but I have a single
> controller now.  It’s a Renogy Rover 20A and has worked fine; however, they
> don’t offer a dual output controller currently.
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> Pete W.
> Siren Song
> ‘90 C&C 30-2
> Irvington, Va.
>
> Sent from my iPad
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
>

> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.