Just went through this on my new boat.
While it really depends on how you intend use the boat,  I would consider an
inverter/charger and provide for an eventual upgrade to group 31 lithium
batteries and a dedicated AGM start battery.
I chose the Victron Multiplus 12/1600/70

Dave
33-2 Windstar
Alubat OVNI 435

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 26, 2023, at 10:23 AM, Chuck Saur via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>

> Hello gang...
>
> My battery charger died this weekend.  Its demise was swift, but provides an
> opportunity.  It was a ProMariner Sport 20amp, and apparently did a good job.
>  But...since I am not an expert in this field...and need to part with boat
> bucks anyway, do you guys have better ideas?
>
> I have two new group 27 combo batteries. No room for a third on my C$C
> 37/40+.  What setups do you guys have?  Thanks.
>

> Chuck Saur
>
> 517 490-5926 Cell
>

> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and help
> me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.