I mentioned a while back I was planning on replacing my old Barient primary
winches…. well I’ve got a pair of new Harken 46 ST’s ready to go. I’ve removed
the old winches, sealed the old holes, have starboard backing plates (probably
overkill) and I'm ready to go.

Wondering what you folks suggest for sealing under new winches, between winch
base and fibreglass of cockpit? Old winches didn’t seem to have anything other
than a bit of Butyl Tape around and in the bolt holes.

Should I just do the same (appears to be solid fibreglass with no wood core at
all under the winches). I’ve thought of putting some 5200 under bases, but I
never like using that under something I may need to remove someday! Should I
use 4200? Or something else?

What says the C&C brain trust?

Thanks, Dean

BarraWind