The stretch in the line on the traveler is of less significance than that of
the halyards.  With an easily adjustable main sheet you can fine tune against
stretch in the traveler.  For a stretch irrelevant application like the
traveler, sta-set is a widely available and cost effective product.  The only
reason I would deviate is for color coding.  I keep all my mainsail lines
green.  Halyards are solid and low stretch.  Sheets are white with green fleck.
 Everything else is a variation of green.  Any line can be quickly identified
as being for the main, head,or spin.

In short sta-set is a fine choice.

All the best,

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

May 16, 2024 20:46:49 Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>:

> Curious what folks are using for traveler sheets.  I am currently using 8mm
> (5/16) Sta-Set but it's gotten stiff with age.  I will soak it in fabric
> softener and wash it but wouldn't mind replacing it with something softer and
> more flexible.
>
> Touche's traveler system is 4:1 so load is not excessive.  It's rigged as a
> continuous sheet. The turning blocks aren't large so flexibility is fairly
> important.  Here's a pic:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sb5TfIENvsX0dGcEV2Mm1QNUE/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-VoBpjBoTer6Q7B78Lk4ADQ
>
> Probably looking at some kind of double braid line.  Don't need or want
> anything super high tech or expensive although with only 31 feet needed this
> won't break the bank.
> --
> Dennis C.
> Touche' 35-1 #83