Today while birding at gateway natural area in fort Collins me and my
family observed a bird that I was unable to identify even after extensive
research. The bird had a completely black body and a deep blue head. We saw
this bird twice in two different locations so there may be multiple. One
time it was observed by my non-birding family, and the second I saw if fly
into a tree overhead. I quickly compared it to the nearby lazuli bunting
and noticed it was not the same. Unlike the lazuli or black throated blue
warbler it did not have a white chest. We also considered blue grosbeak but
they dont have white wing bars where as this bird did.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.
Jace brasher
Larimer county