Hi Jonathan,

I'm okay with putting this into branch-3.0 for GA if it can be merged
within the next two weeks. Even though beta1 has slipped by a month, I want
to stick to the targeted GA data of Nov 1st as much as possible. Of course,
let's not sacrifice quality or stability for speed; if something's not
ready, let's defer it to 3.1.0.

Subru, have you been able to review this feature from the 2.9.0
perspective? It'd add confidence if you think it's immediately ready for
merging to branch-2 for 2.9.0.

Thanks,
Andrew