Hi Arpit,

I agree the timing is not great here, but extending it to meaningfully
avoid the holidays would mean extending it an extra week (e.g. to the
29th). We've been coordinating with ASF PR for that Tuesday, so I'd really,
really like to get the RC out before then.

In terms of downstream testing, we've done extensive integration testing
with downstreams via the alphas and betas, and we have continuous
integration running at Cloudera against branch-3.0. Because of this, I have
more confidence in our integration for 3.0.0 than most Hadoop releases.

Is it meaningful to extend to say, the 21st, which provides for a full week
of voting?

Best,
Andrew