For your reading pleasure!

PDF 3.3MB uploaded at (the mailing list has a cap of 1MB attachments):
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-zw6KHOtbT4MmRkZWJjYzEtYjI3Ni00NTFjLWE0OGItYTU5OGMxYjc0N2M1

Appreciate if you can spare some time to peruse this little experiment of
mine to use Comics as a medium to explain computer science topics. This
particular issue explains the protocols and internals of HDFS.

I am eager to hear your opinions on the usefulness of this visual medium to
teach complex protocols and algorithms.

[My personal motivations: I have always found text descriptions to be too
verbose as lot of effort is spent putting the concepts in proper time-space
context (which can be easily avoided in a visual medium); sequence diagrams
are unwieldy for non-trivial protocols, and they do not explain concepts;
and finally, animations/videos happen "too fast" and do not offer
self-paced learning experience.]

All forms of criticisms, comments (and encouragements) welcome :)

Thanks
Maneesh