Keegan Peterzell via Commons-l, 23/02/21 22:36:
Special:Search also functions at its best in English, and is not
necessarily friendly to other languages.

This is not true. I think you meant to say that the text in Commons is mostly English, while the new structured search is expected to be able to leverage more multilingual content.

What's the rationale for changing the search bar autocompletion from the title prefixes to the structured search? The non-prefix search has caused much trouble in Wikidata for years. What kind of use cases were considered for this part of the matter? (I know you can disable that in the preferences.)

Federico