On 3/1/08 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 08:47:31 +0100 Karsten Ensinger
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> > Sorry to jump into the thread this late, but I am wondering
> > if you already examined the following Wiki-Link?
> > We had a very extensive discussion about text input running
> > on the community list several months ago.
> > Nearly all proposals were documented on the following Wiki:
> > a java demo available) and "another text input" (although
> > it seems to be another implementation of this more moko-like
> > implementation: http://www.micropp.se/openmoko/splash.html ).
> > came to the conclusion, that a regular qwerty keyboard is not
> > sufficient no matter how clever you "pimp" it, due to
> > restriction of precision of finger typing and lack of screen
> > space.

i disagree. reality of the qtopia predictive keyboard and actual use of it disagrees. talk and theory is fine - actual code that works is disagreeing.
users of that code are disagreeing.

I have to agree with Raster here. Trolltech did an amazing job on their QWERTY (onscreen) keypad. I highly recommend you trying it out on the Neo if you haven't already. Personally, I think it's the best touchpanel keyboard on the market now. Bar none.

Sean