I have been following this list almost since the beginning with much interest. In fact, I named my dog Moko. I am just an occasional user of a cell phone, no tech or development experience. I also have Voip service at home and when away from home use Gizmo Project to make long distance calls over my computer.

I am hoping someone can enlighten me before I buy... when the consumer version arrives. What I envision is using the FreeRunner as my T-mobile cell phone by inserting my sim card and also as my home phone over wi-fi. so I can cancel my present Voip service and have one phone. I use T-mobile prepaid and do not have a data service plan. I have wi-fi and high speed internet using an ibook at home.

My questions are... how will the FreeRunner connect using wi-fi so that I can make a call? I know that Truephone and Gizmo have applications that can be downloaded into a cell phone (mostly on the Nokia N and E models). So it seems that I will need a Voip service that is compatible with the Neo FreeRunner.....anyone know or is it too early since we do not have the phone in hand. I do not want to buy a data service plan to surf the internet on a cell phone. So will I be able to download new applications into the FreeRunner over my high speed without one?
 Thanks for any info....
 Mary Stovel