Kalle Happonen wrote:
> Bumbl wrote:
>
>> As it seems they have the contrary.
>> They have a leader which seems to dictate everything without
>> accepting ideas from the developers or the community.
>>

> Well, that's just mean. It's not like they don't listen to the community
> or communicate with it, on ALL levels. But it's not like all community
> ideas can be implemented immideately, and that everyone can be made
> happy. Anarchy doesn't work even in open source.
>
> I think 2008.08 is in most ways a step forward. And in the things that
> aren't like that.. sometimes you have to take a half step back to get
> two steps forward. Constructive criticism is the best help one can give,
> but bitching is just stupid.
>
> Cheers,
> Kalle
>
>> Dimitri wrote:
>>

>>> It's hard to argue with your points, since the phone STILL can't connect to
>>> the internet *out-of-the-box*.
>>>
>>> (Who wants to manually hack a dozen files, or install some guy's
>>> half-working gui posted on some blog that requires google-translate to
>>> read?)
>>>
>>> Why the developers are spending time breaking things that were previously
>>> worked (see ASU keyboard), rather than fixing what's broken and in desperate
>>> need of fixing, is beyond me.
>>>
>>> Is it a lack of leadership? For this aggressive undertaking to be
>>> successful, it needs at least one person to prioritize, delegate, and lead
>>> the other developers.
>>>
>>> Is there such a person at Openmoko? If not, that's the problem. Having a
>>> team of developers, without clear leadership, is akin to herding cats :)

The problem is some features the community really longs for
are already in the code but all disabled (and they will stay disabled)
because the leader/design department decides that the community does not
need them.
You can't enable them without forking and building your own application.
And that is the problem.