I tried to fetch the latest kernel sources from
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=summary
  for learning something, but it appears that the server has some
failure:

iMac:tmp hns$ git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git linux-2.6
Initialized empty Git repository in /private/tmp/linux-2.6/.git/
remote: fatal: Out of memory, realloc failed
remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote
side.
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
iMac:tmp hns$

So my main question is where I can get recent enough kernel sources
from?

That also raises more general questions:
* who (person, company) is responsible for git.openmoko.org?
* even more general: who is responsible for openmoko.org?
* if nobody, how can we protect that it suddenly completely disappears
because some room manager unplugs the power cord or nobody pays the
annual fee for the domain registration?

BR,
Nikolaus