At my institution we are currently debating what constitutes a reasonable lead
time for conservation related work (including condition assessment, treatment
proposal and agreement, conservation treatment, treatment photography and
documentation, design and fabrication of any necessary exhibit mounts, and
packing for travel) for artifacts destined to go out on exhibition or loan.
While to some extent  this has to be determined on a case by case basis;  for
broad planning purposes what would constitute a generalized expectation of
person hours per artifact? If any other mid-size to large museums have policy
or procedural documents relating to this that they are willing to share, it
would be very helpful in informing our discussions.

Thank you,
Dee

Dee Stubbs-Lee, CAPC, MA
Conservator / Restauratrice