Martin Fahrendorf ha scritto:

Am Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2003 08:18 schrieb Michael Scherer:

So you have to start a process for every single massage. That is wat
I want to avoid. It is no problem while you are receiving only few
messages per hour. But else, the overhead is to much. A daemon
talking smtp is prefered (and that is waht amavisd-new does).

But, IIRC, amavis forks a new spamassasin in the backgroung for each message, so, this is almost the same ?

No, amavisd-new runs as a daemon and is written in perl. It loads the Mail::Spamassassin perl module at starttime. No external process is started (besides the virus scanner not speaking smtp).

Martin

I've currently packaged that here:

http://peoples.mandrakesoft.com/~ghibo/amavisd-new-0.20030616-1mdk.src.rpm

But, before posting to contrib, I'm currently trying to find how to modify amavisd.conf so that:

- local "recipient" users is warned about receiving virus mail (with virus ID)
- sender is warned about sending a mail with virus, but only if sender
is relaying from LAN (it's a nonsense to warn non-local sender because
99.9% in case of virus, the sender is fake).
- let spam pass to users (but with X-Spam-Status) and at the same time collect
all the recognized spam to a repository for further bayes learning.

Any quick hints welcome...

Furthermore I still need to add a %post script so to set $mydomain in /etc/amavisd.conf.

Bye.
Giuseppe.