Aleksander Adamowski ha scritto:

Giuseppe Ghibò wrote:

I would add also perl, php and python to the list and
would remove other non-server and non-suid client applications,
otherwise better to apply stack protection to everything...

Notice that the list is in _decreasing order of importance_ (or network exposure and risks). I'm proposing to settle on a threshold, e.g. We only rebuild servers that run as root and the libraries they use.

BTW, your suggestions are very constructive, create an account on Wiki and ask Warly for the password, then feel free to add your ideas to that topic on Wiki.

Honestly right now I don't have much time to do that, as I'm very busy with my packages before next 9.2RC1...

Bye.
Giuseppe.