I have upgraded from 9.0 and 9.1 using a dual AMD processors system to Mandrake 9.2 beta RC2 and the
installation was perfect, I did have some small errors
on the second disck maybe the disk had fingers grease
on it. I did install everything including the servers and
all the windows mangers. This new Mandrake looks very
nice,  it has very good fonts. It looks much better than
the prior versions, the verbose selection is very nice on
a blue square screen, it detected all my hardwares. I know
it will make some mistakes because it is not a final version
KDE and GNOME are perfect!  . The Mandrake developers
have done a good job .