Hi,

strings.h/string.h
for gcc >= 3 dietlibc disables prototypes for
strncpy
strncmp
strncat
because gcc 3.something already defined those, this is not true with gcc
3.2 (at least), so those prototypes will not be defined.

Sorry, fixed in current upstream CVS and MDK gi/mdk-stage1 CVS. Forgot to merge back this one to package.

glibc defines strcasecmp in both string.h and strings.h, dietlibc only
in strings.h

Since strcasecmp() is not in ISO C standard, it's normal to *not* expect it to be defined in <string.h>. Besides, this is a BSD extension and <strings.h> sounds reasonable for it.

nftw
dietlibc has a prototype for nftw, but does not implement it, neither
defines FTW_PHYS, FTW_MOUNT, FTW_DEPTH or FTW_CHDIR (used in th 4th arg
to nftw

If you can provide a testcase, I would be happy to include it too.

-Os
invoking diet -Os gcc ...
yelds
cc1: warning: -malign-loops is obsolete, use -falign-loops
cc1: warning: -malign-jumps is obsolete, use -falign-jumps
cc1: warning: -malign-functions is obsolete, use -falign-functions

Indeed, needs to be tuned for gcc3 args.

getopt:
there is an obscure feature of getopt which dietlibc does not support.
If the first character of optstring is `-', then each non-option
argv-element is handled as if it were the argument of an option with
character code 1.

Hmm, putting as a reminder.

should i file bugs on dietlibc, or go bother the original dietlibc
authors?

Depends if I write fixes soonish, which is something that can't happen for 9.2 I am afraid.

Bye,
Gwenole.