Hi List!

I have the short term use of a Hewlett Packard Pavilion zd7020
laptop computer!

Of course, the first thing I did was join the club so I could
bit-torrent the 9.2 version of Mandrake.  The install went
smoothly, but I note the following problems:

ntfsresize could not re-size the win XP partition.  There
was an error about the cluster accounting.  I'm sorry, but I
forgot to write down the exact error.

Configuirng the wide-screen display required manual editing of
the XF86Config-4 file.  I used the win-XP reported 1440x900
resolution and 60Hz refresh to compute the correct display
mode using the modeline calculator that I found here:

http://www.zaph.com/Modeline/

I used the defaults for everything but the screen's native
resolution.

The sound system does not seem to work properly.  When a sound
plays (through the ALSA driver, I have not tried others)
only extremely angry noise comes from the speakers.  The
audio system is reported as 82801EB AC'97 Audio
in the Mandrake Control Center.

I have not had a chance to try the DVD+RW/CDRW combo drive as
a writer under linux.  ( borrowed 3 discs to write the linux cds
under winxp...)

The 4-way didgital media reader does not appear to work, though
I have not investigated it deeply.

The scroll-wheel touch-pad does not detect properly during
install, but when re-configured afterward it works fine, though
the scroll-wheel is too sensitive in the default condition.

I only have access to this machine for another week! PLEASE
tell me what diagnostics to run, and I will post the results
to the web.  This is a nice enough system, that I will
probably buy a similar model, but I thought should get as much
info from it as possible while I could.  please advise!

Many thanks!

 |  Sitting in his UNIX LAN  |       Charles A. Shirley       |
 | Making all his UNIX plans | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |