Am Freitag, 7. November 2003 02:35 schrieb Guido Draheim:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > Just a question: The 9.2 dvb driver don't work. Should i file a bug
> > for release or are the supposed not to work (that would cause the
> > bug to be a feature request and this way to be invalid) ? I
> > reported some weeks ago that the tmb dvb modules do work. Will see,
> > i guess i install tmb kernel on sunday.
>
> Hi Steffen,

Hi Guido,

> sorry, 'just forgot to upload the new dvb driver modules for 9.2,
> I was only shortly looking into 9.2 but the dozen annoying bugs made
> me turn back after a few days. However, during that time I did port
> some rpm specs and among them the dvb modules.

Thanks, that will make my life easier, once i have setup my vdr machine,
I will see if i can get my vdr RPMs then ready too. Since I had some
private trouble a lot of things i planned are not finished.

> As always, installing will save the old non-functional dvb modules
> and upon deinstall the old ones are restored, so you can safely try
> the precompiled ones. The srpm is provided as well, and if you need
> dvb tools then be aware that the other tool rpms do still work
> nicely as soon as the dvb modules are installed in the system.

I will look at it. I had hoped that the network functionality will be
working with my full featured card. However, i haven't found a way to
get that running. A goal for me was to make some scripts ready and
package them as rpm to get filiago working out of the box ...but
currently it doesn't seem to be possible. However vdr alone is a killer
application ;)

> any progress in poking mdk people to actually try to ship a working
> kernel? ;-) just kiddin'...

How true :( I don't understand which use a broken moddvb has in the
kernel. I have reported that they are not working and a working patch
is in the tmb kernel. So how complicated may it be to a) leave the
broken patch out or b) use the ready functional patch from tmb ?

However, i stop complaining. What i wonder too is what this :

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/lgerrata.php3
"New CDs and ISOs will be available shortly to correct these problems;
they will come with the new kernel."

means ? I got my dvd-only 9.2 yesterday, but from what i can see there
is the old kernel on it. Communication should become better. However.
The dvd looks a lot more proffessional this time in opposite to 9.2 and
the packaging was better too.

Steffen