Hello

I recently discovered that iptables 1.2.8 nat command does not work fully in 9.2
on i586

Something like this:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -d xx.xx.xx.xx -p tcp -m tcp --dport 23 -j
DNAT --to-destination yy.yy.yy.yy:23

wont work with "invalid" error message. I made this command up but the exact
command is not important, but DNAT to a different destination and even just
REDIRECT to a different port is giving the invalid error message.

I investigated further and tried the following:

Recompiling the srpms in i386 mode they still fail.
Downloading the redhat 1.2.7 srpms and recompiiling them they also fail

Installing the redhat9 1.2.7 binary rpms they work fine.

Not sure where exactly the error is, but compiling iptables _on_ mandrake 9.2
i586 seems to cause the problem.

Con Kolivas
P.S. Please CC me if you wish me to see your response as I'm not subscribed to
mailing list