Hi

robert> Just wondering, what is the rough development plan for Cooker?
robert> Specifically, at what stage will the kernel 2.6 series be the focus and
robert> the 2.4 go to contribs?

No.  Just finishing a 2.6 kernel code (based on the one in contribs),
and a 2.4.23-rc1 kernel.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I guess that for 10.0, 2.6 is not
going to be ready for everybody.  My guess is that situation will be
similar to 8.0, where we used 2.2 and 2.4.  Here with 2.4 and 2.6.
For some configurations 2.4 will be better, for other 2.6.

robert> Is it a stated goal that the 2.6 kernel (not withstanding and "critical"
robert> show stopper) will be the main kernel for Mandrake 10.0 (due roughly
robert> next March?)

As I stated, I don't think that it will be ready, but it will be an
option for sure.

robert> The sooner we get kernel 2.6 into the mainstream Cooker - the more
robert> testing will take place . . . or is it too soon?

I hoped to have it ready this week, but bttv + new alsa + new
grsecurity + .... in 2.4.23-rc1 took all my energies.  I hope that it
will be there during next week.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy