On Friday 14 November 2003 09:33 pm, Galileo wrote:
> O> Ouch
> There is no need for it now since the LG released updates for their
> firmware and procedure how to fix the dead drives.
> It would be nice if Mandrake would release updated iso-s for
> club members or a howto on how to do it ourselves.
> btw does this mean that the updated kernel is not necessary ?
> Are there any changes in the updated kernel except the packet writing
> being left out ?

I think the -10 to -18 update had some other security fixes in it.  I tried to
look it up on Mandrakesecure.net but the webserver looks like it is having
trouble connecting to the SQL server right now.

The update to -21 removed the packet writing but also included the -18
security fixes.  I would say that if you can't get -18, you should be on -21
because of the security issues.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx