/usr/share/icons at this time is a total mess !
Indeed, at the same time you have :
- kde icons themes
- gnome icons themes
- XFree cursors

So for example in kcontrol you will see as available icons themes the
gnome one ( but as they don't have the right filename, you will end up
with a unusable/unusefull/awfull desktop with most icon mark as blank
ones ), and also the Xfree cursors. The same applies for gnome when
tying to select a different icon in gnome theme

So IMHO :
1°/ at least XFree cursors should be moved for example to
/usr/X11R6/share/icons and XFree should be patched to use this new
location.
2°/ if we should be able to use some gnome theme from kde and vice versa
then we should have some symlinks that match the correct names for kde
... don't know but this should be fixed.

For example in /usr/share/icons/gnome/36x36/filesystems/, the directory
icon is gnome-fs-directory.png whereas kde expect folder.png in 32x32
So we have a name problem ( gnome-fs-directory.png vs folder.png ) and
also size problem ( 36x36 doesn't exist on kde ). So maybe kde and gnome
icons location should be separated ...

---
bon ya pas quelqu'un qui kickass en atm avec 2.2.2 ? - #linuxfr