Le dim 16/11/2003 à 23:11, Larry Nguyen a écrit :
> On Saturday 15 November 2003 11:03 am, FACORAT Fabrice wrote:
> > As a user that help newbies on forum and as i'm facing always the same
> > problem ( where are my windows drives ? can i access my windows drives
> > under linux ? ), I think that diskdrake when having detect a windows
> > partitions should put a link/icon on the desktop in order to give
> > the ability for the users to directly see that they can have access to
> > theses drives.
> >

> I really like to see all mounted partitions should be under one directory and
> then create that direcotry/link on the desktop instead of each mounted
> partition with the hard drive icon on the desktop. This could be very
> un-organized desktop and looks very ugly if one has more than 1 hard drive,
> which is not so un-common nowadays.
>
> For example, create a link with description such as "Access other partitions",
> then when users click on it, it will launch either nautilus or kfm or
> whatever_your_favorite_file_manager_here .

1°/ mdk used to do this for removable devices ( CDROM, floppy ) but it
ends up it was very ugly and unuserfriendly
2°/ You know I used to see windows desktop with more than 15 icons.
That's ugly, but people need to see directly some things or else ...

3°/ Here is the problem -> launching the right filemanager.
But in fact we should use the supermount stuff and extend it.
Under KDE you can select the device icons you want to show ( see
Look&feel -> Comportment -> device icons ). At this time we show
CDROm/NFS/SMB/Floppy/Zip icons. We should add FAT32/NTFS drives. This
way you can easily disable the icons. Gnome have this feature but only
for removable devices ( CDROM/Floppy )

> > On top of that windows partitions should be writable ( FAT32 only of
> > course ) by normal users ( so umask=0 should be set by default for
> > security level < high ). So by default diskdrake set umask=0 for windows
> > FAT32 partitions during install and when the user select a security
> > level higher than standard, then msec remove umask=0.
> >

> I would like to see this one also. But, will there be any risk, such as, users
> could accidently delete stuff from their winbloze partition?

So ? under windows they can do it too. On top of that now most of the
time under kde/gnome when you delete a file, by default the file is put
in the trash, unless you specify directly delete and you have a
confirmation box. So the risk is minimal.

---
Se puede morir por nada, pero ne se puede morir por nadie. MR