i tryed reconfiguring x using xf86config....the result: i still have the 1400x1050
resolution but my desktop veiwale area came done to 1024x768....its as if i am zoming
down but with larger desktop...
below is xrande output.....
can some on help??
xrandr
 SZ:    Pixels          Physical       Refresh
*0   1400 x 1050   ( 474mm x 356mm )  *60
Current rotation - normal
Current reflection - none
Rotations possible - normal
Reflections possible - non
=======================================

Hi all,

I have the ATI Radeon Mobility 7500, when I start mandrake the first time in display
with the resolution of 1152x864 “ I think because the screen appears vary large and
every thing such as icons and font is vary small”

Even if I change the resolution to 1024x768 using the xfdrack “ using the mandracke
control center”, the resolution never changes.

I tried all Radeon drivers that come with the downloadable version of mandrake 9.2,
named Radeon, Radeon fbdev and the Radeon fglrx, with no avail.

I even tried the mandrake-enhanced kernel for ATI with the mandrake ATI drivers “ the
commercial rpms”, with no hope.

I also tried the ATI drivers “even though they are for the 8000 series” and that did
not work to.

Note that it was working in previous versions of mandrake and I encountered the same
bug in the candidate release and I did report it at that time.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com