On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 14:29, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> I can not use the alias which I normally do because of the perl error
> but the plf.hdlist and synthesis.hdlist I use for main and contrib are
> still updates and I can install using --auto-select.
>
> I mean the error needs to be addressed and corrected but it is possible
> that there are additional causes for the behaviour on your system.
>
> I have updated perl-URPM on 3 systems and on all urpmi still performs as
> noted.

Ok, right. I should mention that I'm not using the synthesis file from
cooker/contrib tree. Before urpmi.addmedia I deleted the
synthesis.hdlist coming from the mirror tree to force urpmi to build its
own. This ensures that urpmi's hdlist always matches the packages I
really have on my local mirror. Otherwise, it often happens that the
synthesis file is not in sync with the packages because of mirror
problems. This ends up in complains from urpmi --auto-select about not
available rpms. Another advantages is a working urpmf as it requires a
'real' hdlist (not synthesis).

--
Oliver