Starting gnome+metacity/windowmaker takes forever and leaving
gnome-session takes even longer time. Also all xterms and
gnome-terminals pop up when started or from saved state but no prompt
appear :( On the maximum I can get one xterm and sometimes one
gnome-terminal to use on the whole desktop! I suppose the problem is the
access setup to the applications and suspect msec. Currently my msec
level is 3. Very annoying indeed.

The .wmaker-session-errors file says when trying first to open an xterm,
and then a gnome-panel under wmaker:

Terminal: Error 18, errno 13: Permission denied
Reason: spawn: open() failed on ptsname
Terminal: Error 18, errno 13: Permission denied
Reason: spawn: open() failed on ptsname

Unable to open desktop file
file:///var/lib/gnome/Mandrake/Configuration/Configure%20your%20computer.desktop for
panel launcher: Error reading file
'file:///var/lib/gnome/Mandrake/Configuration/Configure%20your%20computer.desktop':
File not found