On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:22:21 +0100, Alastair Scott wrote:

> --=-7LQjOR3rJO0ubjHO8AUo
>
> This theme slipped in very quietly: it looks good and does an excellent
> job of reducing the visual differences between the KDE 3.0.3 and Gnome
> 2.0.1 default desktops ;)
>
> I note a few minor glitches with gtk2 applications:
>
> i. In toolbars, the arrows denoting drop-down menus (such as those in the
> Nautilus toolbar) don't have a gradient background.

Known.. I don't know how to fix this one..

> ii. Similarly, the backgrounds of logos (such as the Nautilus 'pebble' at
> the right of the toolbar) don't have a gradient background.

I think it is a bug in Crux engine but neither me or Crux engine
maintainer know how to fix it :(

> iii. The border of the drop-down list with input focus, and of the button
> with input focus, seems ragged and clipped to 0 or 1 pixel wide at best,
> unlike the border of radio buttons and checkboxes which is 3 pixels wide
> and very clearly visible; see the various Nautilus preference dialogs for
> a variety of examples.

Good catch.. I'll have to fix this one.. (don't know how yet..)

> With gtk applications, such as Evolution, the border is consistently
wide.

Evolution is using old Crux GTK 1.2 engine..

> And one more with both gtk and gtk2 applications:
>
> iv. The marking of greyed out menu items by a 3D effect isn't obvious
> enough and there's very little difference between disabled and enabled
> items;

You're right.. I'll what I can do..

> v. Menus don't take on the gradient background (but is that deliberate?)

This one is deliberate, otherwise menus become a little hard to read..

Anyway, all those glitches won't be corrected for Mdk 9.0 (too late) but
I'll try to fix that when cooker will be unfrozen..

--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft