in 2.4.4-62mdk some Xresources that were screwing up
Tk were taken out, recently some have been added that
are screwing up Tk again, differently this time
though.  I've looked at the Xresources files, but it's
not obvious this time what's causing it.

Maybe Flepied will know offhand, ::shrug::

If you want any more info/descrption or screenshots,
lemme know.