I have a friend running RC2 with a DFE-670TXD, and
it's not locking up, but we can't get the network
working either.  We found out that the xircom_cb
module loads (tulip doesn't, it's non-pcmcia, and
xircom_tulip_cb doesn't), and we put that in
modules.conf, and set up
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 by hand
since none of the drakey tools would do it, and
service network start shows eth0 OK, but it still
doesn't work, there's no route for it and stuff.